Thursday 3 March 2022

I Didn’t Know What to Do - Real Life Stories of Hope

 


My newborn wasn’t eating or gaining any weight. I knew something was wrong, but I didn’t know what to do. I took my son to the doctor, and they found a hole in his heart. It was a heart murmur. There was nothing they could do but wait until he was older to do the surgery. In the meantime, I was watching my child wither away. My only choice was to turn to God. I thought, “Would He hear me? Would He answer me? Did He even exist?” I didn’t know because I was a devout Buddhist.

I had been a Buddhist for most of my childhood and all of my adulthood in South Korea. I would travel to the mountainous area near my home in order to go to temple, and I lived my life according to Buddha’s teachings. Before I had my son, I prayed to Buddha for 100 days. Every night at 10:00, I would make a bowl of rice and a cup of water as an offering to him. I would light my candles and then pray and meditate to give me a son. So when I birthed my son, I could not understand why he was born with this defect. Why wasn’t Buddha answering me to heal my son? My friends would call and visit to talk to me about Jesus and God. I would always make an excuse not to go to their church because I didn’t believe that this “God” even existed.

My son started to eat less, only finishing a half a bottle a day when babies are supposed to drink 4-6 bottles. He was steadily losing weight and sleeping more than the average newborn. I was in fear for his life, and Buddha was just not fixing the problem. In desperation, I started to seek God. I prayed, weeping to Him saying, “God, if You are real and if You hear me, please heal my son. I will live my life for You if You heal my son. Please show me that You are real. Make my son fat and well.” Not too long after that, I had to take him back to the doctor. They examined him with scans and x-rays. The German doctor finally came back to me and said that he didn’t know how to explain it, but the hole in my son’s heart had completely filled. It was as if the hole had never been there. We were in the doctor’s office amazed. My son is currently 29 years old, and I am praying now that he loses weight! REAL LIFE STORIES inspire to other towards GOD,

I was a changed woman after that. God heard my cry, and He proved to me that He was real. I asked Jesus into my heart and converted to Christianity. When I came to the U.S., I became a member at a local church. I hadn’t found a job yet, so I continued to serve in the church fulltime. As weeks passed, I began to notice that my friends were finding jobs. I wondered when it would be my turn, considering we all put in applications at the same places. My husband had retired from the army reserve and worked security, which was not enough for our growing family. We now had five children. It was hard getting a job, but I still believed in God to provide for my needs. I had little education, only an elementary education. In Korea, families had to pay for education beyond elementary. If your family was poor, usually it was the firstborn who continued their learning while other children worked at home or took up a trade.

God blessed me to work in retail for over 25 years. I fear the Lord. It is a good type of fear, similar to how we love and fear our parents. This job has allowed me to Christian Testimonies and spread the gospel no matter what people say or think about me because I want to please God. I have had the opportunity to speak with drug dealers, ex-cons, pastors, city officials, and many more about God and what He desires of them. He has led me into a life of prayer and fasting. I pray for all those I come in contact with, including praying for the circumstances of the whole world. Each night since I have been saved, I pray into the late hours of the night and early hours of the morning. I am dedicated to serving God because He has shown me how real He is. If you want to know God for yourself, all you have to do is talk to Him and do it with all your heart. He hears us, even those who don’t know Him yet. His desire is for you to know who He is and to be a part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment