Tuesday 21 September 2021

Everything Seemed to Be Going Wrong - REAL LIFE STORIES

 


I was raised in a small town in Ohio. I was second in a family of five children. My father wasn't home much as he worked two jobs, so me, my brothers and sisters did not get to see him very much. My mother was a stay-at-home mom. We had a milk cow and large garden, so all us children had to help out at home.

My parents sent my older sister and I to church every Sunday. About the time we went to grade school, we walked to a Protestant Church. We belonged to the youth fellowship group, sang in the church choir, and were very active in the church. Even being involved, I never heard about having a relationship with God.

When I was about 10 years of age, my grandfather came down with cancer. He was bedfast and I would sit and listen to him tell stories about his life. It was during this time I decided I wanted to become a nurse. I never changed my mind and after graduation from high school, I went directly to nursing school. I became a registered nurse. The school I went to was a three-year program and was affiliated with the hospital. There were only about five in our class that wanted to remain and work at this hospital. I decided to be one of the five, but was hurt because the other four were able to work in the department they chose, but I was placed in the operating room.

I became very bitter and had a rough time at first. The sight of blood bothered me and I had a difficult time watching doctors make the incision. I overcame my problem by telling myself that I was really helping these people. This was my heart's desire: to help people. Later on I realized God was with me. After getting married and having a family, I was able to work all day shifts. This was a real blessing for me.

I got married shortly after becoming a nurse and had two daughters. My mother-in-law was a bright shining light for me. She had a personal relationship with the Lord. I wanted what she had, so she led me to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.

One day at work, the Lord asked me to speak with a priest prior to his surgery. I questioned God. I did not feel I was as knowledgeable about God as he was, so I did not speak with him and he later passed away. I asked God many times to forgive me but couldn't forgive myself. I then turned my back on God. I quit going to church. I became busy doing my own thing. I was bitter, depressed, unhappy, all negative. I was thinking of myself more than I cared about others. Everything seemed to be going wrong.

A friend of mine invited me to go to church with her one day. This opened the door for me to getting back with the Lord. I then realized God never left me, but I left Him. I read in the Bible, Hebrews 13:5, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

My problem was I couldn't forgive myself. God always forgives us when we ask Him to. His Word says in Psalms 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." I am now very thankful to be back in right standing with God, and made Him Lord of my life. I am now living a fulfilled life sharing Yeshua or Jesus with others.

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to have a variety of Real Life Stories Christian Testimony books to minister to people in different professions and positions in life, right where they are.Reallifestoriesbooks.com.

This is a greater and more effective way of spreading the gospel than just praying for people as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment