Thursday 24 December 2020

Stories Of Hope “I Had a 1% Chance to Live”

 

Stories Of Hope - I was saved September 6, 1986 in the car with my mother. At the age of six I was concerned that sometimes I was and wasn’t a Christian so we prayed and I asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins and come into my heart. I had always gone to bible camps and churches growing up and was very fortunate to be saved as a little boy.

I was still a little boy and was in the back of my Dad’s machine pump shop, I was playing with an electric hoist when it swung over and caught a 1000 lb. I beam and flipped it over on me. Anyway it broke my leg and foot! When I got out of the hospital and was in my teens now and received chiropractic adjustments at least once a week and had to have lifts in my shoes...they said my legs were about an inch difference. About in 2016 my Mom and I went to a conference and a man came walking over to me and the Lord told him I needed healing, so he prayed for my legs and you could see them grow the same length, Praise God! He’s an awesome God, Jesus I praise You.

I was about 14 when Mom and I took an 18 foot in diameter tepee to a rendezvous where I could throw tomahawks and knives and shoot black powder guns. When we set the tepee up we had a fire in the middle of the teepee and did not set the flaps correctly for the wind so the smoke would go out fine. That night Mom said she heard something like a moose. But it was me having a seizure. The smoke inside got too thick and I got carbon monoxide poisoning.

So let’s fast forward a little, I was living in Great Bend Kansas and was living a very materialistic life style and didn’t think I really needed God. And boy did He get my attention then. And this is how God miraculously changed my life. My wife and I were living in Great Bend Kansas. It was Jan. 4th of 2003 when the major turning point in my life occurred. My new bride of five months, Sarah, wanted a ride on my friends 4 wheeler. So there we went and hit a jump wrong because the grass was overgrown and Sarah and I were thrown. Sarah suffered minor scrapes and bruises. I received a severe brain injury and was airlifted to Wichita with a 1% chance to live.

I was in a coma for several weeks and was transferred to Madonna Rehab in Lincoln Nebraska in the hospital for five months. It was in the spring of 2003 when I woke up and began learning how to walk, talk and eat again. We were there till July of 2003 and Sarah and I moved back to Kansas. I went through rehabilitation therapy for several months and was waiting to get disability, so I was not able to go back to work. June 10th of 2004 Sarah told me she was tired of the whole situation and wanted a divorce…I still hadn’t recovered from the accident and did not do so well living on my own.

After the brain injury I bought an older truck I had which was leaking brake fluid. I was going to pull someone out of the lake. I had to stop and there was not enough brake fluid and the brakes gave out. My elbow was hanging out of the window and since I could not stop, I went through a barb wire fence. Part of the barbwire broke as I went through and cut my elbow. I received about 22 stitches. I lost so much blood I had a seizure and went unconscious - the police thought because I had a seizure the accident happened...little did they know it was the brake fluid! I just let them take my license.

Some not so good things happened and eventually I came to live with my Mother and step Dad. I lost my wife, job, house, and trucks, just to name a few things that really mattered to me. I knew that material things of this world are not going to matter in eternity so I needed to be laying up my treasures in Heaven and focusing on the Lord. Christian Testimony Book gives immense knowledge about  right path of life.

To finish up, this is the most recent thing that happened. It was a combination of me not doing well with my meds and my diet, and other things. I was in my shop, and I thought I had to die for all the sins I committed. I was being deceived, even though I knew in my right mind that Jesus paid for everybody’s sins at the cross including mine. I cried out for grace and mercy before I cut my arms and throat in several places. The blood came out very slow. I didn’t really want to die but thought in order for us all to get to heaven I had to. Looking back, I know it was not my appointed time to go. I realize now that God is in control of when we die. That it was Jesus Christ that paid the penalty of death for all the sins I did and that He was the Lamb that took away the sins of the whole world. I went to Learned State Hospital for a few weeks then came home.

God has me doing many different outreaches and things to serve Him. The LORD has gone before me and blessed me with the perfect living situations and job to do His work; I am amazed at how He works. I am thankful for the body of Christ and all the ways we can serve the LORD and grow. John 3:16-18, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”



2 Corinthians 12:9 says, And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. I know that after all I have been through that the LORD God is good!

To God be the glory! God has created us for His Glory. Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Jesus (God) has given me many different gifts, like a blessed memory to sing to Him, quote verses, save souls. He is a good God. Thank You and God bless. Please consider having the LORD Jesus Christ as LORD of YOUR LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment